The Education Fund develops and pilots new programs with a focus on culturally and linguistically responsive instruction, ranging from curricula and professional development to summer and after-school programs.
Nearly 50,000 students and thousands of educators across California have benefitted from our Cesar Chavez Foundation educational programs, and we are consistently piloting new programs in partnership with local communities in service of our mission to develop students’ hearts and minds.
Areas of Focus:
Our Current Pilots Programs:
- After-school Program Curricula and Training
- TK Teacher Professional Development
- Summer Learning Program (Math)
- Teaching Certification in SEL and Culturally Relevant Pedagogy
- Project-based unit culminating in student presentations
- ELA/ELD Common Core State Standards-aligned (CCSS), measured on pre-/post-writing task
- SEL and Social Justice competencies pre-/post-survey
- Initial training and ongoing virtual support from CCF instructional team
- Fully managed instructional program is taught by culturally competent credentialed teachers