The Cesar Chavez Summer Learning Program, a product of the Cesar Chavez Foundation’s Education Fund, strengthens TK-8th grade students’ literacy, language development, and social-emotional skills.
We Strive for Students to:
About Our Program:
- 5-week customizable ELA summer curriculum infused with reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- Employs collaborative approach to customize summer program
- Teacher training and support to ensure ease of implementation
- TK-5th grade CA ELA/ELD standards-aligned lessons rich in read-alouds, discussion, writing, and art/dance
- 6th-8th grade CA ELA/ELD standards-aligned lessons focused on high-interest Young Adult texts and weekly maker projects
- Social-emotional learning activities embedded in all lessons, connected to Cesar Chavez’s core values
- Coming in Summer 2024: Math Summer Learning Pilot!
I have been teaching for 22 years and this has by far been the best program I have ever done. Thank you for your well organized and content rich lesson plans. I love how you incorporated SEL. I wish you had a curriculum for all year long!