The Cesar Chavez Summer Learning Program, a product of the Cesar Chavez Foundation’s Education Fund, strengthens TK-8th grade students’ literacy, language development, math, and social-emotional skills through personalized learning via a virtual or an in-person instructional model. The Education Fund is dedicated to building a just society by educating the hearts and minds of children through culturally responsive, diverse products and services in under-resourced communities.
We Strive for Students to:
About Our Program:
- Provides two options: 1) curriculum and teacher training or
2) fully managed instructional summer program
- Employs collaborative approach to customize summer program
- Works closely with families and school stakeholders to ensure high student participation
- Leverages personalized online instruction
- TK-5th grade CA ELA/ELD standards aligned Cesar Chavez Heart and Mind lessons
- 6th-8th grade CA ELA/ELD/Social Justice standards aligned project-based learning, “Our Voice, Our Justice”
- Social-emotional learning lessons connected to Cesar Chavez’s core values
- Fully managed instructional program is taught by culturally competent credentialed teachers and includes student literacy backpacks with culturally relevant books & program supplies
For more information, please email Education Programs at: Angelica Cazares, firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been teaching for 22 years and this has by far been the best program I have ever done. Thank you for your well organized and content rich lesson plans. I love how you incorporated SEL. I wish you had a curriculum for all year long!