The Cesar Chavez Foundation, in partnership with PepsiCo, invite students of Latino descent who are beginning or continuing their studies at higher educational institutions in Arizona and California’s Central Valley, to apply for the PepsiCo Cesar Chavez Latino Scholarship Fund. The Scholarship Fund provides $300,000 in scholarship awards to qualified Latino students in Arizona and California regardless of national origin or immigration status in an effort to promote their academic success. It supports 10 scholarships at $5,000 per student annually and will continue to do so until 2021. Scholarships are granted solely based on academic excellence, leadership in extra-curricular activities, commitment to volunteer service in the community and financial need. They are designed to supplement the students’ financial resources from family, government, and other sources. The intent is to fill the gaps our students encounter in financing a college education.
Deadline: The 2020-2021 scholarship application period TBA.
- Student must demonstrate the following: Academic excellence, leadership in extra-curricular activities, a commitment to volunteer service in the community and financial need.
- Student must be an incoming or continuing full-time undergraduate student at any education institution for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- Student must be registered full time.
- Student must be of Latino descent.
- Student must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Scholarship is available to U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, Undocumented, DACA, CA Dreamer or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA).
- Student may only receive award once. Applicant’s immediate family members are not eligible for award within 12 calendar months (e.g. siblings, parents, or children)
- Student must be a resident and attending a college in Arizona or California’s Central Valley.
Resident Geographic Location
Student must be attending a college in Arizona or California’s Central Valley. You must be a resident of Arizona or California’s Central Valley (see list of Central Valley cities that are eligible to apply). If you are a resident of an outside state, you are not eligible to apply. If you are a resident of an outside state and are attending a college in the Central Valley, you are not eligible to apply.
“The end of all education should surely be service to others.” – Cesar Chavez
Explain how does the statement above apply to your life. Explain how have you exemplified or plan to exemplify this statement in your life goals. Provide your thoughts on what you believe service to others means in todays society. The essay shall be limited to 500 words, typed and double-spaced. Make sure to number each page of the essay.
2.Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
One letter must be written by a teacher/professor from your current school. The second letter must be written by a job supervisor/community leader for whom you have worked/volunteered. Please make sure to provide the two different types of letters. All letters of recommendation shall include your name as it appears on this application. In addition, the letter must include the following:
- Address the length and relationship to the applicant.
- The applicant’s strengths and weaknesses.
- The applicant’s academic or work achievements and contributions to the community.
- The applicant’s potential for success.
- Any impediments or hardships of which you are aware that the applicant has had to overcome to achieve success.
- The applicant’s motivation and initiative in pursuing academic career goals.
Upload your most recent high school/college transcript. Transcripts must be uploaded before an application is submitted.
4. Student Resume
Upload your current resume.
5. Financial Documents
A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR may be obtained from your FAFSA. If you do not qualify for FAFSA, please contact the Scholarship Fund for the Alternative Proof of Income/Financial Form at email@example.com. Please provide a copy of the first two pages of your most recently filed IRS Form 1040. If you have not filed an IRS Form, please submit a copy of your most recent W-2 form, if available or a letter from your employer. If you are financially dependent on your parents, please submit a copy of the first two pages of your parent’s most recently filed IRS Form 1040. If they have not filed an IRS Form, please submit a copy of their most recent W-2 forms, if available. If you are financially independent, please provide a copy of the first two pages of your most recently filed IRS Form 1040. If you have not filed an IRS Form, please submit a copy of your most recent W-2 form, if available.