The Cesar Chavez Foundation is hiring for our Digital Literacy Summer Program.
ABOUT THE EDUCATION FUND:
The Cesar Chavez Foundation (CCF) carries on the legacy of Cesar Chavez by growing and adapting into a successful group of social enterprises that support working families and inspire and transform communities. As one of the enterprises, the Education Fund is dedicated to building a just society by educating the hearts and minds of children through culturally responsive, diverse products and services in under-resourced communities. The fund has served more than 20,000 students in 150 school districts through summer-school services, afterschool programs, and partnerships in California and Arizona.
The Education Fund aims to build an educational enterprise that will impact one million students by 2028 and help transform the education system so that all Latinos, working families, and their children can experience high-quality learning. Students and their families will thrive and engage in their communities. A newfound pride, confidence and well-rounded preparation for participating students will create future leaders, giving true meaning to the phrase “ordinary people doing extraordinary things”.
THE EDUCATION FUND IS COMMITTED TO:
- Setting high expectations for growth and achievement
- Creating a workforce that is committed, empathetic and hardworking
- Being analytical and data-driven
- Maximizing resources and impact through strategic relationships
The Cesar Chavez Foundation has immediate openings for credentialed teachers or substitutes who are energetic, strategic, and highly organized. Qualified individuals will remotely instruct and support students from Riverside County Office of Education School Districts through our Cesar Chavez Digital Literacy Summer Program. Through this remote distance learning program, teachers will strengthen incoming 1st-5th grade students’ literacy by leveraging personalized online digital curriculum and teaching lessons using CCF in-house developed curriculum focused on social emotional learning and heart and mind. Instructional sessions will take place via Zoom for a period of two weeks, Monday through Friday, 3 hours a session.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Daily duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
- Experience working with students in grades 1st-5th grade
- Experience teaching literacy and using real-time data to drive small group instruction and provide accommodations to ensure all students’ success
- Experience engaging and motivating students in a virtual classroom
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel/Access) and Zoom required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS:
- Possession of a valid California Multiple Subject, Single Subject, or emergency teaching credential
- Fingerprints and TB clearance must be met before teaching assignment
- Access to computer or laptop with video conference capabilities (webcam/microphone) and strong WIFI connection
- Applicants must be available to teach the entire summer session(s)
- Strong and energetic communicator
- Personifies the social justice ideals espoused by Cesar Chavez and embodies the Si Se Puede! attitude fueling the Farmworker Movement
Remote Instruction to Districts within Riverside County Office of Education
LENGTH OF WORK:
June 14, 2021-June 29, 2021 and/or July 5, 2021-July 20, 2021
Hourly rate up to $50.00